Kia Of Brampton
a) establish, implement, maintain and document a multi-year accessibility plan, which outlines the organization's strategy to prevent and remove barriers and meet its requirements under this Regulation;
b) post the accessibility plan on their website, if any, and provide the plan in an accessible format upon request; and
c) review and update the accessibility plan at least once every five years.
Identify and Review barriers by dealership
Consider establishing committee by dealership
b) to be posted upon approvalc) HR will review on regular basis
Once completed HR review will review every 5 years as required by legislation
Method of training for management and employees is online videos
One training program; will explore to see if additional level of training needed
Ongoing with new employees
Any new purchases need to comply with the accessibility requirements
Determine what accessible formats we can make available by request
Ensure managers/staff are aware of accommodation by request (through training)
Determine what the timely manner is for each alternate format, for those not available immediately, will communicate back within how long (24 hours)? Yes we can, or no we can't, but can provide…
determine current costs
Protocol when accommodation cannot be met (alternate accommodation)
Where questions arise, advice from HR is recommended
Based on how do we communicate with the public
How do we communicate with our employees
*look for examples, take pics
January 1, 2021All internet websites and web content must conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA, other than,
Where are we advertising?
Wording in Job ads and Job Descriptions
"We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs". - this should be woven in to all policies, training
(2) If a selected applicant requests an accommodation, the employer shall consult with the applicant and provide or arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant's accessibility needs due to disability.
Appropriate language to use - only through HR
Identify interview room
Develop interview guidelines
Review Orientation/training processes
Notification through HR
Circulating policy to all employees - through email, intranet, HR Bulletin Boards, added to New Hire Package
Training of employees
(a) information that is needed in order to perform the employee's job; and
(b) information that is generally available to employees in the workplace.
Be open to accommodations
Create process, including HR department
(a) when the employee moves to a different location in the organization;(b) when the employee's overall accommodations needs or plans are reviewed; and(c) when the employer reviews its general emergency response policies.
Create individual Accommodation Plan template with HR
*include in New Hire Forms
1. The manner in which an employee requesting accommodation can participate in the development of the individualaccommodation plan.
2. The means by which the employee is assessed on an individual basis.
3. The manner in which the employer can request an evaluation by an outside medical or other expert, at the employer's expense, to determine if and how accommodation can be achieved.
4. The manner in which the employee can request the participation of a representative from their bargaining agent, where the employee is represented by a bargaining agent, or other representative from the workplace, where the employee is not represented by a bargaining agent, in the development of the accommodation plan.
5. The steps taken to protect the privacy of the employee's personal.
6. The frequency with which the individual accommodation plan will be reviewed and updated and the manner in which it will be done.
7. If an individual accommodation plan is denied, the manner in which the reasons for the denial will be provided to the employee.
8. The means of providing the individual accommodation plan in a format that takes into account the employee's accessibility needs due to disability.
Review template for Job Task Analysis with HR
Review written, verbal, how long to review
Contact association for deaf, blind to see how they can assist with accommodation
How persons with disabilities can access and apply for advancement
Effective Date: January 1, 2014Revision Date: December 2014Revision Date: January 2015